Friday, March 6, 2015

Happy Holi 2015



Dear Friends ,

For the past 2 days I have been suffering from gum infection and suffering from excruciating pain. I am on antibiotics I became very very restless and annoyed. The thought that I should do some drawing for Holi was nagging me.
Despite the pain I decided to do this painting...The choice of colors was random .....I left a few spaces without painting to denote white.....I have called it "Holi Hey".


At the end of it I realized this painting was like a therapy for me.
I thank all of you my dear friends for inspiring me ......Enjoy this day of color.


After painting I wondered what this colors represents and I researched. 

The interpretation of the various colors: 

Red signifies alertness, energy enthusiasm and speed. It helps you to break your lethargy. Red is just excitement. 

Orange: the sunrise and sunset is orange implying the social comfort and the confident side of a person. It offers freshness to interact with other.

Yellow add charms and hope. It offers positivity and luster in life.

Green brings good health, luck and success. It denotes fertility and abundance. It denotes money and generosity.

Blue is stillness and calmness. It depicts responsibility control and stability. It also implies expanse of the situation. 

Indigo is depth and getting more saturated, signifies the ability for decision making.

While violet stimulates creativity it represents royalty and richness 


And finally the color White: every color spectrum starts emerging from white…..It indicates completes, wholesome and openness to multiple possibilities.

That is why people who play HOLI wear white to attract the possible benefits of all colors.




Wishing you all a very Happy Holi and a color full year ahead
Regards...@ps

No comments:

Post a Comment