Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My new addiction….1



I used to scribble in my note books when I was young. I just love to scribble. Sometimes it would be a good pattern, sometimes it will be just a nonsensical picture.

I did not go for any formal drawing or art and craft classes. It was also not easily available those days.

I started experimenting my artistic skills while doing my biology records. I used to spend lots of time drawing the intricate details of cockroaches, hibiscus, human body and many such diagrams for biology record in my PUC (now +2). I practiced kolams.

I also bought some books on kolam and tried it on paper and on the courtyard.

Despite my busy schedules I kept my artistic passion alive by doing something or other.

Recently I came across a beautiful ornamental art form in the social network. I got attracted by its nature and the minimum requirement of tools......just a pointed pen.(erasers are not allowed.)

I realized that scribbling if done systematically becomes a beautiful piece of art…..zentangle.
It gives you a freedom of expression, and you start to appreciate everything around you.
I have started and have got addicted to it.

I am posting my first zentangle art …...not so good…..but it gave me an idea. Excuse me...it is my first attempt.....Don't take a closer look, all the mistakes will be visible.    As I progress I am sure I will improve..

Visit the following webpage to understand what zentangle is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Belcheredit/Zentangle



 Thanks for sparing time and visiting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment